An Unaccompanied Minor is a child aged 5-11 years old travelling without the supervision of a parent or guardian who is 16 years or older.
Bookings for Unaccompanied minors cannot be booked online.
Please contact our Customer Support Desk at email@example.com to assist with your booking.
Airport process for unaccompanied minors
On the day of departure‚ the following processes will be followed:
- Unaccompanied Minors do not require a parental / guardian declaration.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 11 years (not yet 12 at the time of travel) will be accepted to travel provided a responsible adult escorts the child at both Airport of departure and arrival.
- The responsible adult(s) should present the child at check-in and complete the required declaration forms prior to boarding and remain with the child for as long as possible.
- The responsible adult(s) should be requested to remain at the airport until the aircraft is airborne.
- Unaccompanied Minors will be allocated seating in accordance with the seating plan for the appropriate aircraft.
- When required to proceed to the boarding gates‚ a ground staff member/handling agent shall be responsible (in agreement with the responsible adult(s)) to take care of the child and supervise the boarding proceedings of the child onto the aircraft.
- The Ground staff member shall ensure that the child is kept safe.
- The Ground staff member shall inform the Senior Cabin Crew Member of the Unaccompanied Minor prior to boarding and shall escort the Unaccompanied Minor to the aircraft; ensuring they have their travel documents and tickets in a sealed pouch.
- The cabin crew member shall sign the Unaccompanied Minor form to acknowledge the Unaccompanied Minor being on board.
- On arrival of the flight at the destination airport‚ ground personnel should meet the child at the aircraft and escort the Unaccompanied Minor from the aircraft‚ through the airport terminal and to where the child is handed over to the relatives or guardians and the Unaccompanied Minor form is signed as an acknowledgment that the Unaccompanied Minor is handed over to the responsible adult as indicated on the form.
- LIFT Airlines will provide the required documentation to be completed.